December 15, 2010

streamside, Lagunitas Creek


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, just another berry vine you might think, but let me introduce you to Mr. Berry Vine, who has been impeding my trek in these parts since Spring.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

When I pass by I often look at this scene and try to translate it into a photograph.   Usually I end up discarding the shot.   I may or may not have succeeded here -- I've been waiting for the light and the various elements to all fall together.   I was aiming for an artistically blurred background; (f-4).



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And with any luck the Montbretia will be back next year.   It was more than abundant this past year.   CLICK for a Summertime shot of Montbretia (also known as Crocosmia or Shooting Stars) in bloom.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Yes, folk, that's my creek.   The Lagunitas.   It's quite a swirling mass now and with some heavy rain we're expecting this weekend it is going to turn into a raging torrent of Biblical proportions.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog about the abundance of mushrooms along my Annadel hikes. Do mushrooms live along your beloved Lagunitas Creek? Could be a photo subject for you to track down some day.

AphotoAday said...

Hi SINBAD'S DAD -- Yeah, I was noticing more mushrooms this morning -- but I really don't have the best close-up set-up... I need a macro lens, although I do have some extension tubes that will sort of work with my 70-200 "L" zoom.

photowannabe said...

Nice leg-eating vines. I love how your simple subjects can be so beautiful.

 
under construction