December 14, 2010

Lagunitas Creek -- getting ready for Winter


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This gnarly and very old moss covered tree -- I think it may be a Sycamore -- has been guarding the flood plane of the Lagunitas Creek for eons.   It'll most certainly take our 2010--2011 storms in stride.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

We've been getting rain recently but our heaviest rainfall comes in January. The Lagunitas will become a raging torrent.   Fish -- Coho Salmon and Steelhead Trout -- will return to spawn.   Life goes on.   Snap, snap, snap.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney



With the Lagunitas Creek you get to pick and choose which ever type of water you desire.   Fast and rushing water -- no problem -- plenty to go around.

Or slow water -- in just the right light this water turns to gold.   One day I tried putting some in my pocket -- doesn't work.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

Wonderful shots of the natural world.

Scott Law said...

A lovely setting. Great color and detail in the moss and the tiny leaves. So how long did you walk around with wet pockets wishing it was gold? ;)

 
under construction