December 25, 2010

fern studded and mossy


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I don't know about you, but I've never seen a mossier tree with this many ferns gowing on it.   And the best part of it is that this area of moss and fern studded trees is only a few miles from where Kitty and I live.

For you locals, this is Lagunitas Creek just below Alpine Dam.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

No, Kitty doesn't tag along on my adventures -- I'd lose her for sure.

But I DO tell her all about it when I get home.   She is my most severe critic -- usually she refuses to even glance at what I have on the monitor.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Kitty, the mighty Lagunitas Creek, and Yours Truly wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Really like that bottom photo. Merry Christmas morning to you, Donald. Sinbad wishes a happy day to Kitty also. He wants to advise Kitty, beware of people wanting to put bows on your head for silly Christmas pictures.

Scott Law said...

Great color and texture. Looks like you might be in danger of getting washed down the fast moving stream. Be careful out there and I hope you had a great Christmas.

photowannabe said...

Thanks Don. I know this is after the fact but I'm sending you my best wishes too.
The creek is really a torrent. That's enough rain for a while.

 
under construction