December 18, 2010

on a Wednesday in December


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I used a similar horizontal shot yesterday as my banner image but I think this vertical orientation looks much better.

These (above) are the Calla Lilies at Rodeo Lagoon.   A curious plant indeed -- I thought this was a plant that arrived around Easter, but it seems to have no qualms with unrolling it's blooms this time of year.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Before I went Calla Lily hunting at Rodeo Lagoon I did a bit of spooking around for little waterfalls at Rock Springs on Mount Tamalpais.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Not to forget the Coyote I met along the way.   He seemed fat and happy.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

6 comments:

Berit said...

Beautiful pictures Donald, and I love the first one.
Greetings, Berit.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Yeah. I thought yesterday's banner shot was dug out of the archives. Strange. The horizontal is better. Like the b&w treatment of the falls. Good shot of Wiley too.

AphotoAday said...

Thanks BERIT, and thanks SINBAD'S DAD -- so you like the horizontal version better? hmmm... And yeah, the falls aren't all that spectacular but I think I agree that they do look better in black and white. Am off right now to see if I can find any photogenic streams... Wish me luck.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Donald, what I meant to say was I like today's VERTICLE presentation better. I hadn't finished my morning cup of coffee yet when I wrote that so the little grey cells were not functioning up to capacity at the time.

AphotoAday said...

Hi SINBAD'S DAD -- Yep, I think the vertical is better too... It's probably something I'll be re-shooting every time I pass by...

Anonymous said...

LOVE calla lilies. I keep trying to capture a good one on my visits. But it just hasn't worked .... yet. I love coyotes .... a reminder of Brock's genetic roots. Wish there were some in the preserve. I hear them from time to time, but they are miles off.

Jan

 
under construction