December 24, 2010

a moody sun and clouds and water


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

From this vantage point on my beloved Mount Tamalpais the sea becomes a large canvas for the often impressive light show by sun and clouds.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This image has just a tiny bit of streaming sunlight coming through the base of the clouds but I wish it had been a bit more dramatic.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I suppose this shot could have also been a lot more dramatic with more streaming sunlight.   I am almost tempted to see if I can Photoshop some streams of light into the image, but I guess that would be cheating.   I'll just keep it on the understated side.

This (above) is East Marin Island (big) and West Marin Island (small) near San Rafael in San Pablo Bay (the upper thumb of San Francisco Bay).



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Sun, clouds and water -- all teaming up here, I think, for a rather moody shot.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

Scott Law said...

When I saw that one yesterday I wasn't sure if I was looking at clouds or water. Now with a closer look I can see the waves in the water so it is apparent that I am seeing clouds reflected in water. I like the little bit of mist surrounding the islands and the overall softness.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

That bottom image is really something different. Very cool shot Donald.

 
under construction