December 01, 2010

splish, splash, I was taking a bath...


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've been enjoying the beauty of Marin County for two-thirds of my life, but what I miss about my old hometown of Pacific Grove is the dramatic splashes I remember as a kid.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

These photo-ops at Rodeo beach on Monday, not far from the Golden Gate Bridge, brought back a few fond memories.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Next time I shoot splashes I'm going to try to remember to take some dry socks along.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

9 comments:

Marcie said...

Terrific images! Love how you captured the spray!

AphotoAday said...

Hi MARCIE -- boy are you fast. Just posted. Thanks.

Fire Byrd said...

Oh these are awesome, love them. Headers good as well!

ANRAFERA said...

Espectaculares fotografías, me gustan mucho. Felicitaciones. Saludos
Ramón

TrevorW�� said...

Great capture- super images..!

Jennifer said...

I loved big shoreline splashes as a kid too. These are wonderfully dramatic!

Scott Law said...

Awesome. Looks like fireworks in the water. 15 Wows that ought to tell you something!

What Karen Sees said...

So interesting. Looks like you probably needed more than just an extra pair of socks!!!

AphotoAday said...

THANKS ALL -- And Karen, I actually stayed pretty dry, although one big wave sort of made me run and I wasn't quite fast enough. But yeah, next time I go wave shooting I'll definitely take another pair of socks (and this time of year my mittens too)

 
under construction