December 30, 2010

life as we know it, at Rodeo Beach


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

You may recognize this general scene -- I can't seem to pass it up when I walk by.   Not very high marks in the poll, but thanks a lot anyway.   I'm really digging this audience participation with the voting -- the feedback helps me evaluate my work.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

To be honest, this image kind of has that "digital" look to it -- it might look more realistic had it been shot with film.   I could probably add some grain to it in Photoshop, but I kind of like it the way it is -- kind of plastic-like.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Some people come to Rodeo Beach in the Marin Headlands to rest, and some come to read a book.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Others catch -- ahemmm, miss -- Frisbies...



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

7 comments:

Berit said...

Lovely pictures, and they makes me dream of summer.
Wishing you a happy new year from Norway:)

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

With the three mallards shot, that was my first impression. It reminded me of a giclee print. I like it. The bottom set of the frisbee miss is really neat. Well done.

photowannabe said...

I rather like the ducks. They look 3D. Great action shots of the frisbee "miss".
Haven't really done any shooting for quite a while. My get up and go...got up and went.
I have got to get back in the groove!!

MELI. said...

lovvvvvve the sequence last photo, what a great piece =))))

Müge said...

It seems that Rodeo Beach is a beautiful and relaxing place, dear Donald. The mallards are lovely and your photo is very nice. But my favourite is the sequence photo of frisbee players!

I wish you a Happy New Year with lots of beautiful surprises :)

marc aurel said...

When I scroll down the frisbie shots it animates the sequence.

Tomate Farcie said...

Beautiful Mallards but the last shot with the frisbies is really fun, kind of like an old silent movie but you knew that, right? ;)

 
under construction