December 27, 2010

here a duck, there a duck, everywhere a duck duck


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

All lined up and ready to start the new day.   Quack, quack, quack.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Early Thursday morning I had nothing better to do so I went spooking around San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf where I found this kindly quacker.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I was captivated by the artwork of this duck was inadvertently creating.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Way to go, duck...   After three or four unsuccessful dives the duck finally succeeded in catching breakfast.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

11 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Those are really sharp looking pictures. The clarity is amazing. I think you may get some comments about the bird not being a duck, but I know where your thoughts lie.

photowannabe said...

Yup, not a duck but the bird does some amazing art work in the water.
I love your ducks in a row on the skyline. Super.

AphotoAday said...

Hi SINBAD'S DAD AND PHOTOWANNABE SUE,
Well, looks like I'd better study up on my birds and ducks... Could it be a Cormorant?

Prettypics123 said...

Very nice images. Clean and crisp. Love how the water and reflections photographed.

If you have a few moments and the inclination, you're invited to visit my blogs.

Levonne
A Camp Host Housewife's Meanderings: An RV Adventure & Levonne's Pretty Pics

AphotoAday said...

Dear LEVONNE -- Yes, I've previously been to your "Pretty Pics" blog and even gave you a link on my sidebar. But I'll have to check out those other two blogs. Sounds intresting... Love your work, by the way...

Don said...

Mighty fine set of photos!

AphotoAday said...

Thanks Don -- I like your name! Love your blog too (((it's on my sidebar folks, under "Don Pritchard's ffocuss")))

Scott Law said...

These are some beauties. I too was captivated by those reflections in # 3 and really liked the one of the boat in # 2. Very nice.

Adam R. Paul said...

Yes, it's a juvenile Double-crested Cormorant. I wasn't goinna say, but you asked :) Love the photo w/the fish.

photowannabe said...

Oops, Adam beat me to it. Yes Cormorant is the name but duck or Cormorant they are still terrific shots.

Tomate Farcie said...

Nice shots!!!!

 
under construction