December 16, 2010

The Stinking Rose - table for zero


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, I don't know why The Stinking Rose doesn't just open at 7AM.   Their front door is no match for what they've usually got simmering on the stove.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Jeeezzzz...   Let me see here.   Some tasty looking olive oil, two shot glasses, and the ubiquitous white water pitcher.   Two tightly rolled napkins and more Sweet-And-Low than anybody is EVER going to need.   You're just going to have to use your imagination with this, folks.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm not exactly sure why the water jugs at The Stinking Rose are so imposing, but I suppose after a heavy dose of garlic some people need to toss back a large slug of ice-water.

The Stinking Rose Restaurant is famous in San Francisco for incorporating massive amounts of garlic into all their dishes.   Seriously folks, you can smell this place a block away.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

Eleonora Baldwin said...

I love this place... mainly because I love garlic. Photos are sublime, as usual...

Ciao

 
under construction