December 13, 2010

the route to Point Reyes


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, it's the old beached fishing boat behind the country store in Inverness -- on the route to Point Reyes -- it's a landmark in the area -- it's hard to miss -- just about everyone who passes by, including me, stops to take a photo or two, or forty-two.   CLICK for a closer photo I've taken previously of the old boat.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is probably the first time I have shot the boat from so far away, but it's an idea I've had brewing for a while now -- on Friday all the conditions seemed right.   I was even able to find the most delightful little beach that didn't seem to belong to anyone -- oh, I'll be back.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is part of Abbott's Lagoon -- making some sort of artistic statement in the late afternoon sun.   A lengthy but enjoyable trail winds it's way past the lagoon to the ocean beyond.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This isn't a very strong shot, but what we have here is a view of fjord-like Tomales Bay below Elephant Mountain, a.k.a. Black Mountain.

This is the waterway where my beloved Lagunitas Creek finally arrives -- to gradually mix it's cool and reflective waters into the mighty and salty Pacific Ocean.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

Scott Law said...

Such a peaceful looking place. I especially like the top two photos.

 
under construction