December 19, 2010

an emotional walk in the woods


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

On Friday I thought I would take advantage of a break in our storms to explore the Devil's Creek and Baranbe Mountain areas of west Marin County.
This tree seemed to be shedding a tear.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Okay -- time to start up Photoshop...   I suppose this wall of sword ferns would make a suitable background for some stylized subject with a lot of emotion -- oh you know, heady stuff like God, love, death, and taxes.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It's a common event but the experience is always new to me.   My cat just rolls her eyes when I return home to report that I've just seen the light in the forest.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

Scott Law said...

Looks like you had a very nice walk filled with fresh clean air and treats for the eyes. On the top photo I think I would have tried some quite a bit tighter, but we're all different, that's what makes it art.

AphotoAday said...

Hi SCOTT -- Yeah, I wish I had worked a bit more with that drip -- some sunshine hitting it would have been nice but wasn't in the cards.
Looks like I'll have to shoot some more leaves -- lots of wet ones right now with all this rain we've been having.

 
under construction