December 26, 2010

for short we just call her Mt. Tam


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

In between storms our beloved Mount Tamalpais (((for short we just call her Mt. Tam))) has risen to the occasion and has been putting on quite a display.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

They're pretty much skeletons of their former prickly glory, but here on Mt. Tam the last Star Thistle standing wins a prize.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

You may have noticed me referring to Tamalpa the other day.   According to legends Tamalpa is an Indian goddess and some believe her spirit has a strong presence.

Mt. Tam is apt to get a dusting of snow if our temperatures dip way down, but here she is wrapped snugly in a blanket of fog.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

Scott Law said...

I can see why they refer to her as her. My favorite shot is the one of the thistles.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the shot of Tam wrapped in fog .... witht he green trees in the lower right. Nice

And the day before, the duck "inadvertently" creating art:)

Jan

 
under construction