May 06, 2011

the wildflowers are busy!


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The Poppies waited patiently through torrential rains earlier this year for their time to blossom and now they are most definitely here, and very, very busy.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is the deep purplish-blue Douglas Iris, which is very prolific on our beloved Mount Tamalpais this year. In fact, I can't remember a year when there has been more Iris.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is Vetch which is an invasive member of the bean family. It likes to climb on host plants and strangle them with their coiled spring-like tentacle attachments. But despite it's bad reputation I think it's color is a knockout.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Unidentified wildflowers on the left, and that's a bee with Vetch on the right.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And some miscellaneous greenery with some rather graceful curves.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

3 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Did not know of the murderous qualities of vetch. Your macro shots are great. I think you should do them more often. I am still waffleing on getting a macro lens or extension tube set. Odd that someone thought the banner shot was just "ok". ???

Troy Holden said...

Your floral detail shots are so beautiful Don. You have quite the eye for these things :)

Anonymous said...

Nice series of shots!!!! <3

Tomate Farcie

 
under construction