May 20, 2011

on a grand scale


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well this has been a busy week and right now I'm running out of gas -- just not enough time for sleep. I've been getting to bed really late and then getting up really early -- on Wednesday morning it was to go chase the sunrise. But the sunrise was just not happening -- the cloud bank was too low, totally obscuring anything that might be rendered colorful.

So I turned around and started coming on home. And then I saw it -- the moon over my beloved Mount Tamalpais -- no time to set up a tripod -- this was going to have to be one of those "out the car door shots". Snap. Had I been just a minute earlier I could have had a bit more clouds impinging on the moon. Had I some time to fool around I may have been able to get my exposure and contrast right (maybe a set of HDR exposures) so I could have rendered some detail on the surface of the moon.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

That little finger of land in the distance is Point Reyes.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And here's a similar shot but made into sort of a panorama.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And that's a rainbow -- a SURE sign that the rapture is going to happen and the world as we know it is going to end on Saturday.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

3 comments:

Hooly said...

Your no tripod no settings shot is great, plus it has that bonus bird! I'm all prepared for the rapture tomorrow... given all my belongings away, kissed the kids, will party big tonight. Wait a minute, I'll still be here Sunday. Hey, I need my stuff back!

AphotoAday said...

Hey HOOLY -- you are a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooo look at THAT rainbow!!!! Now that's a proper rainbow!

Tomate Farcie

 
under construction