May 18, 2011

Bay to Breakers 2011


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I thought the TV news-lady must have been in error when she said San Francisco's 100th running of Bay-to-Breakers would start at 7AM -- turns out she was correct; and I was late.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Of course, finding a place to park was a big challenge, but I finally found a spot out by the DeYoung Museum. Part of the race traverses Golden Gate Park where the DeYoung Museum is located.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Despite on-and-off showers and sprinkles it was a great day and everyone was definitely in the mood to have a good time.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Some runners had to get up SO early that they forgot to put their clothes on.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, did I mention it was raining just a bit. This fellow came prepared.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

3 comments:

Hooly said...

A couple of your subjects would have been swiftly whisked away and arrested had the race been here, smack in the middle of jayzusland.

Scott Law said...

Boy, the things they get away with in San Francisco. I never would have believed it. . . even there.

Tomate Farcie said...

Oh, the naked people showed up? And it was pretty cold that day, too. Yikes!

 
under construction