May 24, 2011

visiting the Rednecks of Petaluma


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This, being a blog -- I can say things that might be best left unspoken, but let me tell you that Petaluma, California, might be your typical ham-and-egger American town but it is also full of Rednecks -- the type that would blast ducks out of the sky with a shotgun.

And it's hardly a fair fight. "Hundreds of super-propelled bits of round metal all headed for my butt if I don't get out of here". "Quack".



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm familiar with this area and the people who live here, and I have to say I like the area much better than the people. Did I mention that they're mostly Rednecks? They blast ducks out of the sky with shotguns.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Dick Cheney is a Redneck too -- he likes to go hunting. You probably remember his hunting accident a while back where he blasted his hunting mate, Harry Whittington, a 78-year-old Texas attorney, in the side of the face with "hundreds of super-propelled bits of round metal". Whittington survived.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The accidental beauty of a Redneck's barn.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And every Redneck needs a red roof on his barn. Amen.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

3 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

With the title of the post and the first image, I thought I was going to learn about a new species of duck in the area.

AphotoAday said...

Hi SINBAD'S DAD -- Naw, all the ducks in Petaluma are cool, not rednecks at all, at least when they're not getting shot at...

Tomate Farcie said...

I don't know if you're going to believe that but I lived in Petaluma for a while, so I am too familiar with the area. I used to drive a V8 back then ;) (when in Rome ;)

The best part is the old town, as I'm sure you already know. You can see some really cool older houses, there, when you walk around (well, they're not all that old but they're much better than everything they built on the west (?) side.)

 
under construction