May 26, 2011

vicinity of -- S.F. Museum of Modern Art


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh yeah, you're going to see my post from SF MOMA tomorrow, but today lets look around the immediate vicinity, such as this theater building across Second Street in Yerba Buena Center.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Easy to see how the architect was having fun with shapes and values.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Catty-corner across Mission Street and over near Market Street is the often photographed Jewish Museum. I still haven't been inside, so stand by for a blog post on this mysterious place housed in this most unusual building.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Yerba Buena Center has a whole lot of very busy fountains -- all more than willing to put on quite a show, just for me, but there's plenty to go around.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

2 comments:

Tomate Farcie said...

Go inside and check out the architecture inside. You can't photograph the exhibits, but you can photograph the inside of the building. Once in a while they do free days.

Tomate Farcie said...

^ I should add that the exhibits are often quite interesting, in fact many are upbeat and fun. Not quite what one would imagine. Strongly recommend the visit.

 
under construction