May 03, 2011

Painted Bridge, in deepest and darkest West Marin


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Location:  Where Platform Bridge Road intersects with Petaluma-to-Point Reyes Station Road. It's in deepest and darkest West Marin County -- almost impossible to find unless you're a teenager with a can of spray paint.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Spraying graffiti really isn't my thing, but I've been watching multiple layers of paint build up on this bridge over the years. At one point it had been painted solid gold to cover many distasteful scrawls, but that only provided a fresh canvas for more distasteful scrawls.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

About a year ago someone came up with the tree motif. I like it, but of course the trees are already heavily tagged, opening the invitation for more tagging. "Poet", my ass...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

So where does this bridge go? To Point Reyes Station, and then on to Tomales Bay -- and finally to the tiny town of Tomales.
More about that tomorrow...



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

2 comments:

photowannabe said...

I just never have understood graffiti scrawled on someone's elses property. the art work is sometimes really good but its not their canvas to be creative on!

Unknown said...

Useless Sheriff deputies have yet to bust anyone for tagging. They tell me this crap is "gang graffiti". Gangbangers in West Marin? I don't think so. These are the bored teenage children of wealthy, lenient, liberal, new age parents who encourage "creativity and self expression" instead of teaching their kids a little respect. What the kids need is a good spanking and an afternoon spent cleaning up the scribbly scrawl they leave everywhere. "Tagging: The voice of a generation with nothing to say."

 
under construction