May 02, 2011

getting thrown out of Marshall Boat Works


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Probably what photographers are SUPPOSED to do is ask permission before going into the Marshall Boat Yard, but I think a more creative approach is to arrive at 7AM and hope that nobody is there or will be arriving soon.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I was looking for forms and designs and I think I found a few.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I became almost hypnotized by the repeating lines and shapes of this boat.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I was captivated by the morning light.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And I tried my best to understand the cable and pulley system that gives a crane like this such great lifting power.

While I was standing there trying to figure it all out someone in a house way across the road (Highway One) rapped at their window -- effectively bouncing me out of the yard. I left quickly.

All in a morning's work for the photographer from AphotoAday...



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

4 comments:

Berit said...

Great pictures Donald.
Have a nice week.
Greetings from,
Berit.

photowannabe said...

Love the lines and angles and all the textures Don. You excel at this type of art.

Civic Center said...

Dear Donald:

Send them a link and maybe you'll be invited with breakfast included next time. Beautiful shots.

Jennifer said...

I love the dead-on shot of the boat. It reminds me of a shot a good friend of mine took many years ago in a photography class we were both in. There is such wonderful drama in those simple lines...

 
under construction