May 25, 2011

outstanding in it's field


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

In an earlier day, and not too long ago really, this old truck served as a signpost for Port Sonoma; a marina at the mouth of the Petaluma River. This area is the extreme northern bit of San Francisco Bay and is more precisely named San Pablo Bay.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Really nice lines, I think. Sculpted to perfection. I can see the love.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Of course we have "idiot-lights" in our modern vehicles these days to keep track of our water-temperature and oil-pressure, but I wouldn't mind going back to the old way, I suppose. Putt, putt...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I think what happens is that people of the "rural-persuasion" sometimes will add a bit of rust-prevention to their vehicles if they have any paint left over from any other job. Accidental artwork, I'd say.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

2 comments:

Civic Center said...

The last shot should probably have been your "Banner Photo." I'd give it a Wow.

Tomate Farcie said...

Some of these older vehicles juste ooze class, regardless of their current paint jobs. Back then, they really did like vehicles, you can tell. You see them, sometimes, on the road, and they make you smile from ear to ear.

 
under construction