August 13, 2010

Phoenix Lake, Marin County


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I pay way too few visits to Phoenix Lake -- actually a reservoir on the east side of Mount Tamalpais. It's close to the town of Ross, but just being there takes me to a place that feels like a million miles away...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And while I usually find my "colorful water" shots out at the Lagunitas Creek, this vivid display of colors caught my eye.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Anyway, I decided to hike all the way around Phoenix Lake, and despite numerous signs warning that hiking was not allowed (((citations issued))) on the east side of the lake due to pipeline construction, I decided to give it a try -- I didn't see or hear any construction activity going on.

Well, I was wrong -- I made it all the way around the lake only to find the last hundred yards of my route blocked by a busy construction crew who I knew were going to either; (1) force me to turn around and retrace my steps, (2) beat me up, or (3) call the Ranger to issue me the citation that was mentioned on the signs.

I thought the best thing to do would be to turn around and make my three mile hike into six miles. Oh, no harm done -- I needed the exercise.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

AphotoAday said...

GOOD MORNING MULLEH -- Thank you very much! My pleasure!

photowannabe said...

Those would have been very expensive pictures indeed. Love the last one especially.
6 miles is a long walk but as you said it was probably good for you.

Marsha said...

Just wanted to say that I greatly enjoy your pictures. Sometimes I keep one on my desktop all day and return to it for a quick hit of beauty. Thank you.

 
under construction