August 05, 2010

monochrome


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Not far from the north end of the Golden Gate Bridge is a narrow and drippy tunnel -- a remnant of World War II. Traffic has to take turns going in each direction -- photographers probably want to finish their photo-snapping before traffic starts coming in the other direction.

Oh don't worry, I only stopped briefly to shoot this through my windshield. While making the JPEG I applied Photoshop's "SmartBlur" filter.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Nothing of great value in my corner of the world, except for Kitty's heart!



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A bit lifeless now, but by dinner time this glass will be filled with color.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Not exactly monochrome, but I think this is where a bit of color is logical.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

These photos excite me. I love the different and unusual perspective.
The ball with the deep blue sky, the crystal glimmering goblet and the tunnel which I have been thru a gazillion times. Good stuff Don.
I need to go on an "everyday" comman things shoot. Maybe Saturday?? Who knows. Life gets too complicated sometimes.

 
under construction