January 04, 2011

War Memorial - Pacific Theater


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

"Pacific Theater", sounding a bit like a song or skit out of South Pacific...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Who gave their lives...   Or probably more correctly, got yanked from civilian life, roughed up in basic-training, and sent to some god-forsaken part of the earth where they probably drowned in a leaky sardine can.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

No hiding from the draft board -- they're going to find you, especially if you live in Connecticut.   I've heard reports that some patriotic folks voluntarily sign up for military service -- I appreciate their love of this country but I always wonder if they really know what they're getting themselves into.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Over and over...   You'd think governments think their citizens are expendable.

[ sorry I was late with the poll/voting system today -- slipped my mind ]



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

I like your selective choice of the engraved words. Very poignant. No matter the political feelings, I'm still grateful for all those who gave their lives so I can live in this country.

 
under construction