January 21, 2011

a place I call my own - Lagunitas Creek


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Some people like this kind of stuff, others might not, but I consider the Lagunitas Creek my "specialty" -- it's ripples and reflections are my "body of work" -- they resonate within my deep and dark heart.   This kind of photograph gives me pleasure -- you too, I hope.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Quilted water -- who would have imagined...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Ripples and reflections -- Mother Nature uses a rather colorful palette, doesn't she?



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that's incredible - what crisp, clear photos of the water.

Scott Law said...

My description for the second photo was plaid, but yours of quilted is every bit as accurate. I'm one of the ones that likes this kind of photo.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Your creek shots like these looks like molten glass art pieces. I like this type of photography you do for mine never turn out that way.

Leovi said...

Well, I'm one of those people who really love these photos are great, true abstractions very interesting and attractive. You're right with that great photographer: Wynn Bullock, ye know not sought their images. I found almost all in B / W but very interesting, but I've also seen very much in the line of mine that you've mentioned. Thank you very much for your valuable information. Greetings.

AphotoAday said...

Thanks ALAN, SCOTT, SINBAD'S DAD, AND LEOVI, I appreciate the comments... And LEOVI, I'm glad you looked up the work of Wynn Bullock -- he was one of those great masters of photography, for sure. (I had mentioned to Leovi that he photographed some really interesting abstracts of colored glass in his later years...

photowannabe said...

Molten glass, abstract works of art...they all work for me. You definitely are the master of this style.

 
under construction