January 10, 2011

streaming sunlight, Mt. Tamalpais


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This year I definitely intend to squeeze more streaming sunlight into my life.   And I've found the perfect place for when streaming sunlight conditions are just right -- near where Ridgecrest Boulevard meets the Fairfax-to-Bolinas Road.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This area is a low spot on the ridge so fog sometimes comes roaring through these trees like a freight train.   Most of the time the trees drip moisture -- a genuine little micro-climate within the Redwoods, Firs, and Laurels.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Something universally pleasing about streaming sunlight, I think...   And gosh, I got 9 "wow" votes yesterday in the poll, so I thank you very much -- as you can imagine it was a definite pleasure shooting these.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

Journey Man said...

Those pictures are just beautiful. Well done. Nice job. Just love them.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Yes, I was wow'ed by that photo. I've tried to get those "heavenly, spiritual, angels decending, God speaking to me" shots with little luck. You must be on his good side or he's really trying hard to get to you. Well done on all of them Donald

photowannabe said...

These are definitely 5 gold stars and A+++++.
BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jennifer said...

And a retroactive WOW.

They break my heart, they're so beautiful.

 
under construction