January 03, 2011

progress on Doyle Drive project


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The future tax dollars of the United States are busy at work on a new southern approach to the Golden Gate Bridge.   Looks like they've been making great progress since my last installments here and here.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Similar to the first photo, but I suppose I like this a bit better, distant GG Bridge through the framework or not.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Hey, can you see the little bird watching over the beefy 24x131x60's?

Access through the site is amazingly wide open.   There are designated places to walk but it's an exciting view of the bustling activity.   Building a roadway on top of precarious support pipes doesn't look terribly easy but it looks like the riggers and construction guys know what they're doing.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I pulled out all the stops in my "artiness" department for this shot.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

Interesting and informative. I like the last shot a lot.

photowannabe said...

These look like Mondrian art shots. I hope the Doyle Drive improvement won't take as long to complete as the Bay Bridge construction. What a mess for ever so long.
Love these artsy pictures alot Don.

 
under construction