January 16, 2011

reflecting on Nicasio Reservoir


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Ask any Marin County photographer if he/she thinks the waters of Nicasio Reservoir can be rather amazing, and they would probably agree -- for a reservoir, it's a rather special place.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Occasionally there is a dead stillness over the Nicasio Valley.   The valley that the water district flooded in the 1950's.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Water as smooth as glass...

I was on the lookout for River Otters (Dec. 31 edition), but sighting them is rare, although I did hear from another local resident who also recently spotted River Otters playing and carrying-on, on Lagunitas Creek near Irving Bridge.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The first three shots (above) were taken on Friday, but a day earlier Nicasio Reservoir looked like this -- overcast and cool, with stark whites and blacks -- just another face of the lake.   Today it's probably going to be different.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

6 comments:

Hooly said...

The Nicasio Reservoir we voted on yesterday takes "Wow" to a whole new level. I may now have a new standard. Thanks for taking and posting it!

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Shot number 3 with the rock in the foreground is my favorite, but it was a tough choice. Great shots all.

photowannabe said...

Stunning glassy images. You are surrounded by photo ops. Don.

Adrian LaRoque said...

Great series!

AphotoAday said...

Thanks ALL for your comments and poll voting -- it helps me evaluate my photos more objectively -- I've got to come up with six for the Marin County Fair this year and this one (the top of the series) might be a good contender. Thanks again for the input.

Tomate Farcie said...

I like it. It's surreal.

 
under construction