January 16, 2011

reflecting on Nicasio Reservoir


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Ask any Marin County photographer if he/she thinks the waters of Nicasio Reservoir can be rather amazing, and they would probably agree -- for a reservoir, it's a rather special place.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Occasionally there is a dead stillness over the Nicasio Valley.   The valley that the water district flooded in the 1950's.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Water as smooth as glass...

I was on the lookout for River Otters (Dec. 31 edition), but sighting them is rare, although I did hear from another local resident who also recently spotted River Otters playing and carrying-on, on Lagunitas Creek near Irving Bridge.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The first three shots (above) were taken on Friday, but a day earlier Nicasio Reservoir looked like this -- overcast and cool, with stark whites and blacks -- just another face of the lake.   Today it's probably going to be different.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

Hooly said...

The Nicasio Reservoir we voted on yesterday takes "Wow" to a whole new level. I may now have a new standard. Thanks for taking and posting it!

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Shot number 3 with the rock in the foreground is my favorite, but it was a tough choice. Great shots all.

photowannabe said...

Stunning glassy images. You are surrounded by photo ops. Don.

AphotoAday said...

Thanks ALL for your comments and poll voting -- it helps me evaluate my photos more objectively -- I've got to come up with six for the Marin County Fair this year and this one (the top of the series) might be a good contender. Thanks again for the input.

Tomate Farcie said...

I like it. It's surreal.

 
under construction