January 30, 2011

afternoon at Rodeo Beach, Marin Headlands


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, crashing waves...   And while movies, television, and most books bore the hell out of me; waves transfix my attention.   I just can't get enough.

I posted a similar shot a few days ago, but I think I like this current version better.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I never seem to get past this patch of Calla Lilies without stopping to see if I can frame up a photo.   Luck was with me last Thursday -- this Egret, fishing for dinner, was most willing to cooperate.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

When the wind and waves are just right they can generate most beautiful spindrift.   The light through the water can also be quite colorful.   That's the often photographed Bird Rock in the background.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, it's been a heck of a long time since I was a school-kid, and although I remember going on a field trip to a dairy farm in Carmel Valley, never did we get to go to the beach like these students.   But they are not here to play -- they're learning all about the ecology of the area and just how important it is in the whole scheme of nature.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Really like the calla lily and spindrift shots. Sinbad wanted me to tell you he doesn't have a flea problem. "I'm an indoor cat."

photowannabe said...

Your shot of the Callas deserves 3 gold stars and an A+++.
I really love everything about it.
Hope your Sunday is going well.

Pinecone Stew said...

The photograph of Bird Rock is stunning! The color you got in the wave is unbelievable!

Tomate Farcie said...

Loooooooooooove shot #2 with the light going through the flowers and the dead flower in the middle. Love it!!!

Tomate Farcie said...

Although come to think of it, that wave shot is pretty damn impressive, too. Wow.

 
under construction