January 27, 2011

a graphic experience - Mission District murals


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

When I pass by this residence on Clarion Alley, in San Francisco's Mission District I always imagine Mork and Mindy living here.   Nanu-nanu...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The mural on the right doesn't look like it was painted recently, but unfortunately it's prediction seems to be coming true.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Yes, always good to shed some light on the situation.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

If you're younger than me you may not recognize what this mural depicts.   It's based on a famous but all too real photo of the Saigon Police Chief (backed by our government) blowing the brains out of a suspected Viet Kong in a bit of impromptu curb-side justice, so to speak.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Personally, I think fear is our biggest problem.   I suppose that's about all I should say -- I'm afraid that if I really told you what I thought about the policies of the United States I would lose about half of my audience.   Lets just say that I am one of those really far-out liberals who doesn't believe that we have been given the true story behind the attacks of 9-11.   Nanu-nanu...



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Ooo boy, you are treading on thin ice today Donald. This is why I never mention that I don't believe we ever went to the moon, less people think wacko, crackpot or that guy's cheese is slippin' off his cracker. I love that phrase you laid out on me.

Jennifer said...

I love this subversive form of communication. I love that no matter what steps the powers take to manipulate information, people will always find a way to get their own perspective across.

Great photos!

 
under construction