January 23, 2011

ripples and reflections, ad infinitum...


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

You might already know that I am enamored by the colorful ripples and reflections of the Lagunitas Creek -- oh you know, the creek I call my own -- but I also enjoy discovering this sort of thing on the waters of Alpine Dam.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The hills are currently green and gold -- if I could bottle the colors I bet I could make a million bucks.   (((someday I'll tell you all about the fifteen years I spent working in a smelly paint factory)))



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

With nothing else to reflect but the sky, your standard garden-variety ripples usually come in blue.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

With a hillside to reflect, the standard blue ripples take on a bit of color.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

zeder said...

A nice study...
Regards from Berlin,
Uwe-Jens

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Photo #3 is the winner. That is a cool shot Donald.

 
under construction