January 08, 2011

SS Jeremiah O'Brien [part 2 of 2]


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The Jeremiah O'Brien has a plethora of photo-ops.   Picture taking here is as easy as a snap...   As easy as falling off a log...   So easy that even a Cave man like me was able to get some pretty good photos onboard.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've always thought that the big horn-shaped air intakes are photogenic.
And in the other photo one has to wonder what flows inside that big red pipe.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, I was drafted into the Army (((way back in 1969))) so I guess I was in the wrong branch of our military to get clued-in on certain facts of life.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And even though I admit to never having thoroughly understood all the facts of life, I DO know that to turn a valve off you turn it CLOCKWISE.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

If you're over 62, $5 and an extra push up the gangplank will get you onboard the SS Jeremiah O'Brien.   Don't miss the engine room -- it's the main attraction onboard.   It's on three levels and is an intricate tangle of pipes, valves, piston crankshafts, and unidentifiable gizmos.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

6 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I like the second to last photo the best, for some unknown reason. Looking forward to tomorrow's write-up on the waterfall banner shot. Where does that live?

AphotoAday said...

Hi SINBAD'S DAD -- You've bit on the "hook" -- you've gotta come back tomorrow to find out all about ________ Falls...

Scott Law said...

There's a difference between unidentifiable and unknown LOL! Great shots of this ship. As an old "ground pounder" myself I enjoy the curiosity of seagoing vessels.

photowannabe said...

Terrific lines and angles. I must get there some day. Love that type of photography. Great perks for reaching the Golden Age!

Jennifer said...

I love that shot with the valves - the colours, the shapes, the interest the valves creates... love it!

Tomate Farcie said...

Hmmm.. I'm sure the engine room is fascinating but isn't the equipment completely covered in asbestos insulation down there? I'd probably be holding my breath the whole time ;)

 
under construction