January 02, 2011

New Year's Eve at MOMA, SF


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Hope you had a fun New Year's Eve -- I spent the afternoon at San Francisco's Museum of Modern Art soaking up, once again, some familiar pieces.   Also I wanted to re-visit the Henri Cartier Bresson exhibit -- it is a huge exhibit and has drawn a lot of visitors.   (See his photo below)

I never can pass up these lights -- they're easy shots, for sure.   And yes, they are artwork, not something the janitor was testing on the floor.   Isn't modern art fun?



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

You may remember this painting from a few weeks ago.   It's another of my favorite things to shoot on my loops through the second floor.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Young and old -- EVERYBODY appreciates art -- and EVERYBODY is a critic.

NEWS ITEM:
CLICK to see my Kitty's image hanging at MOMA-SF.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I think it's about time MOMA-SF brings out some other examples from the Albert Bender collection, but I suppose it just wouldn't seem like a standard visit to MOMA-SF if I didn't say hello to this Diego Rivera painting.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Okay, I wouldn't recommend breaking the rules by shooting the Henri Cartier Bresson prints, but I just couldn't resist -- the security guard was in the next room.   I think this is currently my favorite Henri Cartier Bresson.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And of course, this is the odd looking skylight at MOMA-SF.   Every time I snap it I seem to come home with something different.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

MELI. said...

I love this set so much =)

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Oh yes, as Meli said, I enjoyed that set very much. Nice capture of the couple in the second photo. We know you have more shots hidden away from our view. Let them be free.

AphotoAday said...

Hey SINBAD'S DAD (AND MELIGROSA) -- I just posted a link on the page to Kitty's picture -- hanging in MOMA-SF by the magic of Photoshop.

Brad said...

Hey Don... Moma is a great place. So much to see and absorb. Like your photo set a lot! Particularly the couple standing in front of what I suspect is a Mark Rothko painting.

Happy Snapz in 2011!

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

That is a great one of Kitty in MOMA. It put a smile on my face. It would have been funny had you placed that one in within your blog with no words mentioned, just to see if anyone would question it.

 
under construction