July 25, 2009

The wide Petaluma at Lakeville


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Whether the wide Petaluma is a creek, a river, or not much at all -- depends largely on the tide actions of San Francisco Bay.

Yet the Petaluma Creek has been a navigable waterway for over 100 years, shipping out hay and produce and bringing in building materials and other goods.   All it takes is precisely timing the tides by a Captain who can stick to a tight schedule.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

O.k., if I had to guess I'd say it's a '48 Dodge.   It's probably been resurrected more times than everybody in the Bible...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And there's probably some more life in that window if you don't go slamming the door.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I imagine that at one time this truck had a bit of chrome on it.   Looks like someone copped the overhead windshield wipers long ago.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Keeping up on the latest technology isn't easy when they keep changing the future of broadcasting every fifteen minutes!


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Love the old truck. If it were where I live, that cracked window would have a LOT of life left!

Tomate Farcie said...

Love the truck!! What a shame somebody hasn't tried to restore it.

 
under construction