July 10, 2009

a colorful Lagunitas Creek


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A few years ago I noticed that Lagunitas Creek is, indeed, colorful.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It's an abstract jumble that changes with every moment, but the blue you see here is the sky and the green is foliage.   Duh...   The trace of white here is probably an illuminated tree trunk.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Natural forces control the surface of the water.   Oh, I suppose it's science, but I prefer to think of it as artful.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

About five miles from this spot the colorful water will flow into the equally colorful Tomales Bay, whereupon it will make it's way to a deep green and blue sea filled with colorful fishes, seaweeds, and surfers.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

6 comments:

photowannabe said...

Beautiful. I love the one with the blue "dimples" I can hear the gurgle of the water. Well captured.

Si's blog said...

You may have noticed a bunch of blogs that every Friday have a photo essay on a selected topic about their town. See http://mytownshootout.blogspot.com/. This week's theme was "textures". You have the very best series of pictures on textures of them all. Going back over the last few days to see what I have missed. Yours are spectacular.

Anonymous said...

Pretty! Nice job =D

Jane said...

Beautiful creek water shots. Gorgeous colors.

AphotoAday said...

THANKS TO ALL --

AND SI -- Yeah, I did the Meme thing for a while -- I was in three or four groups, but found I was spending way too much time sorting through hundreds of sites... Oh, I started getting large numbers of comments, but I realized that essentially I was just fishing for comments... But some of the people have stuck and I now consider them great friends and I really do enjoy their blogs...

I also got into trouble with two of the moderators by advertising prints for sale on my blog -- I could have asked for an exemption from the rules, but I thought it was time for me to quietly stand down... No hard feelings, of course...

Louise said...

I grew up around creeks. Played in them. Threw rocks in them. LOVED them. But I don't remember the patterns your Lagunitas Creek always show. I need to (get insect repellant) and find a creek when I go back to visit and see if they do the same things. Yours is nothing like the ocean into which it dumps, but it is mesmerizing like the ocean.

 
under construction