July 01, 2009

Pride Parade, part 2


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

One thing you can't accuse gay people of -- not having a good an outrageous sense of humor.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, here they are -- Mr. and Mrs. Marriage Equality USA -- Davina Kotulski and Molly McKay, the 17th. couple to be married in San Francisco a year ago before Proposition 8 was overturned.   Davina holds a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and has written the book; "Why You Should give a Damn About Gay Marriage".

To explain this photo, Molly had just given Davina a big smooch, and she was trying to wipe off a bit of lipstick off of Davina's face .

You can read more about Davina's accomplishments at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davina_Kotulski



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

To me this seems like an unlikely couple, but you know, it takes all kinds...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This fellow probably had to get up pretty early to get all that colorful makeup on.   He was participating in the Bicycle Contingent.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

6 comments:

Si's blog said...

Don't get no pea-rades like that-a-one 'round here, nowhere, nohow.

More great photos.

AphotoAday said...

HI THERE SI -- Sorry to hear that there is a dearth of gay pee-rades in your area, but tell me where you live and I'll send a contingent over your way... (thanks as always, Si, for the kind comments)

Sparkle Plenty said...

Once again, you've gotten some awesome Pride Parade Pix. That is an especially sweet picture of Davina and Molly--what a cute couple. Hope you and kitty are doin' swell and having a great summer (and that kitty is getting treated to some frozen corn).

AphotoAday said...

HI SPARKLE PLENTY -- Thanks for the compliments and good to hear from you again -- I've been patiently waiting for another episode of your crazy life, so consider this a nudge...

And Kitty actually gets fresh corn this time of year -- and I've started cooking it for her too since she seems to now have a bit of a problem (barfing) with raw fresh corn.   I stick it in the microwave for four minutes while still in the husk... I stole a piece from her the other night and it really tasted good...

Louise said...

I think this is something that needs to be experienced. The amount of trouble put into costuming and make-up astounds me. EXCELLENT photos!

Müge said...

I like very much the first and the last photos! There isn't a gay parade in my country, it's not even thinkable (unfortunately)...

 
under construction