July 06, 2009

bring $$.$$, Marin County Fair


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Somehow I managed to pass up the Chili Cheese Curly Fries, but I don't think 5,000,000 calories ever looked so good.

But be sure to bring cash to the Marin County Fair -- the price on these fries is about $89 -- but the heart attack is free...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And you, too, can have a little Henna Tatoo on your arm -- that is, if you have about $89 to spend...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Or how about another Toe Ring -- that'll be about $89, plus tax...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

On Wednesday, on my first visit to the Marin County Fair it was love at first sight when I spotted this cutie selling the latest in non-stick pots and pans.

On Friday evening she was still there -- working the crowd with a hard-luck story about her daughter, now in college, but on her third laptop -- they just don't seem to last -- but her pots and pans DO...

Price tag on those pots and pans?   Oh, a low-low $89, plus tax, shipping, and handling...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

Louise said...

I'm not sure I'd have been able to pass up the fries!

photowannabe said...

At $89. a pure photographers paradise.....
I worked many a fair and home and garden show for Pacific Bell. After a while the curly fries and speels loose their charm. Umm, but oh the roasted ears of corn at the Del Mar Fair with lime and butter were to die for. those were my dinner many a night after work.
Thanks for the yummy memory.

AphotoAday said...

HI LOUISE -- It could have also been the long lines at the concession stands that kept me at bay... But I just can't imagine a pretty face like yours stuffed with fries...

AND HI PHOTOWANABE SUE -- Hmmm... Now, lime and butter sounds interesting... Actually, this time of year I buy fresh corn on the cob for Kitty -- and she even gets it cooked these days... When it's not in season she gets frozen cobbettes, which are pretty mushy, but she seems to like them anyway...

Louise said...

If I was there, you wouldn't have to imagine it! Well, the long line might deter me, too.

Tomate Farcie said...

Myself, I'd probably go for the henna tatoo. The only thing I'm not ready for, though, is to walk around for 45 minutes without my clothes on. I once saw people having to walk around with their pants all open and practically falling off because their lower back henna tatoo had to dry... Er... no thanks :)

 
under construction