July 27, 2009

industrious character


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

You can only get a glimpse of this character's arty-and-crafty home and shop as you whiz past on Highway101 -- you don't get the full effect until you stop long enough to spot the Wrangler equipped with a Sidewinder missile evidently intended for errant drivers.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A little noisy on a rainy day, but not much beats corrugated steel for durability.   Those Stonehenge-like pillars are recycled styrofoam.

For you locals, this place is just off Highway101 in Larkspur, at end of Lucky Drive.  A good reporter would have rung a few doorbells and asked a few questions (((God knows there are a few to be asked))) but it was early, and there's a rumor that this character keeps Alligators as pets.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This water-wheel isn't connected to any sort of grinding stone or power take-off, and I don't think it's water source is connected either.   Evidently a work-in-progress.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm not sure if those corrugated pipes are blooming or exploding, but I think the craftsman's/artist's mind was definitely working overtime.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Watch out.   Sharp teeth.
"My master has a missile on his Wrangler"...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Eccentricities makes for some interesting pictures. Alligator myths. I wonder if owner perpetuates or community.I know of someone else who has one similar to the one in your picture, but likes people to think she has real ones.

Tomate Farcie said...

Eww. That little guy looks in the last picture looks real!

 
under construction