July 17, 2009

San Francisco's Chinatown, part 2


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Now, I suspect that this fan was more-or-less mass produced, but I see a lot of care and thought that went into it's design.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The Transamerica Pyramid looms at the base of Chinatown.   I never get tired of finding new ways to frame it up.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

During my youth I received enough "church-going" to last me a lifetime, but next time I feel I need a bit of religious support I think I'll knock on this door and see if Nora will let me in.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm not exactly sure what was running through the head of the tagger who decided to scrawl all over the face of this little boy, but I think it was pretty darned inconsiderate.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

Deborah Godin said...

Neat shot, I do love the Chinese cultural imagery and color!! Hope your spammer goes away!

ChrisJ said...

I was so struck by your fan photo yesterday. So I came back to comment today. It may be commercially made, but someone had to design it and you had to choose just how to display it. Beautiful!

Rhett Redelings said...

Really enjoying this blog and what you call your big site. The tale about meeting Ansel Adams was brilliant! The shot of the lanterns against the skyscrapers is wonderful.

Louise said...

Interesting frames for the Transamerica building!

My daughter would love that fan. She's smitten with China and the Chinese. Last year she asked for "a beautiful Chinese fan with butterflies on it" for Christmas. Santa couldn't find butterflies, but got something to suit her. Not the usual 7-year-old request, I think.

Seems inconsideration isn't localized.

Tomate Farcie said...

Transamerica Chinese scale of Justice, nice! :)

 
under construction