July 23, 2009

Green Gulch Farm, part 1


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Green Gulch Farm is tended by the strong and willing backs of young people with a common interest in the Buddhist faith and religion.

Buddhism includes, but is not limited to -- ethical conduct and altruistic behaviour, devotional practices, ceremonies and the invocation of bodhisattvas, renunciation of worldly matters, cultivating continuous mindfulness, meditation, physical exercises, study, and the cultivation of wisdom.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The boxes may say Broccoli, but there's actually Chard inside.

Green Gulch Farm organic produce is available seasonally, from May through October.   Marin Organic coordinates distribution for the Ferry Plaza Farmers’ Market in San Francisco, and other markets here in Marin County.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

One of the workers was puttering nearby and I complimented him on his very artistic cabbages.   He told me this is Radicchio.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

If I had wanted a taste and had taken a bite I wouldn't have had to worry about a trace of pesticides, only the scorn of three Buddhist farmers on a slightly higher level.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'll have more photos of Green Gulch tomorrow -- some from the gardens of flowers that are better smelled than munched...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

Louise said...

I'm not sure I could have resisted tasting the radicchio. It's so pretty.

 
under construction