July 29, 2009

it's colorful in San Francisco


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Certain sections of upper Market Street are livelier than others.   A bold splash of yellow always cheers away the blues.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It's a fair claim that San Francisco's alleys and narrow streets are a bit more colorful than those of the typical American city.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I just didn't have the guts to snap this colorful couple head-on from the front, plus it looked like they were going someplace and I didn't want to slow them down.   I was having a hard time keeping a straight-face anyway...   Didn't want to push anyone's buttons.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Doesn't get any more colorful than gold gilding on a wrought iron lamp.   Our Nation's Capitol?   Nope -- San Francisco City Hall.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'll be looking forward to October when S.F. Mike will probably review Gaetano Donizetti.   Not much chance I'll decide I want to attend, but I like to keep current on our colorful city.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

Tomate Farcie said...

I know what you mean about shooting the camera right at someone's face. Probably good you didn't try ;) Besides, just looking at the back makes your imagination wonder a bit.

Civic Center said...

Dear Donald: Do think of getting in touch next time you're in my neighborhood. The name is Michael Strickland and I'm in the phone book on McAllister Street.

Would love to take you standing room at the opera sometime. It's only $10 and is a kick.

Texas Travelers said...

Still doing great photography I see. I'll try to catch up.

I'm back to posting so,
A Three-Banded Grasshopper is up for viewing.
To see the post, Click here.
Troy

Louise said...

Colorful indeed. And you couldn't keep a straight face when snapping the couple?? ;-)

Brad said...

Cool set of pix... Still trying to figure out the 1st with the yellow - excellent...

 
under construction