July 03, 2009

amusements, Marin County Fair


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I don't think they let adults on this slide, but it's probably about the only carnival attraction that's tame enough for an old guy like me.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And they do let adults ride this chain swing, but my head would definitely be spinning by the time they let me off.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I imagine these lights would be fun to shoot at night.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The smoky smells were captivating, but somehow I managed to make it past the garlic-fries and five dollar cups of beer this year.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Not that I'm above stuffing my face with hot-dogs, I can't recall ever eating a corn-dog, but I think it's a really neat invention.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Tummy complaining, head still spinning, and all worn out?   How about doing a few words on the world's largest crossword puzzle.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

6 comments:

Louise said...

I'm with you on the spinning! Corn dogs are awesome.

TERRIFIC imagines!

Janice said...

Congratulations on your ribbon! If you had cotton candy photos today I would make some corny joke about it being even sweeter with your win. Alas it doesn't work with corn dogs.

Wondering if you have you been to China Camp to survey the fire damage?

photowannabe said...

Terrific photos. Spinning isn't in my portfolio now. When I was a kid I was upside down more than up.

Si's blog said...

Ditto all of the above. Spectacular.

Marcie said...

This county fair looks like so much fun. I can almost smell..taste and feel the excitement!!!

Tomate Farcie said...

I've never had a corn dog.

 
under construction