July 26, 2009

The Book of Life, Mission District


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, I knew the Book of Life had to be someplace -- didn't expect to find it in a little alley just off Valencia, though...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Seems like Mom went through more than a few sacks of Alber's.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

You can get awesome hot-cakes at the old cafe next to Grooves on Market St.

CLICK for last Wednesday's DailyDUO of the eye-catching "Grooves" sign.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

As I remember, grooves of several songs were stamped on a flat vinyl disc in a long spiral fashion.   A record player was then used to track vibrations produced by those grooves -- which I believe is where the expression "groovie" came from.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

There's that tuba player from the other day.   This shows him allowing kids (of all ages) to depress his keys while obligingly puffing away.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I left before the San Francisco Symphony was ready to play -- I would have had to wait an hour -- but Dolores Park was thick with people not really concerned about the time.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

Louise said...

That tuba player is a jewel.

Since we now know where the Book of Life is, maybe we should go write our names in it!

Tomate Farcie said...

The last shot almost looks like an Impressionist painting.

 
under construction