February 13, 2009

West Marin


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

You probably won't find "West Marin" on any official map, but getting there is easy -- you just go over the hill.   It's as simple as that...


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've been waiting for this ranch out in the Cheleno Valley to magically spring back to life some day.   All it needs is some city-slicker who wants to play farmer -- a Green Acres type of thing...

And how about the yellow of that yellow field -- I call it wild mustard, but others insist it's canola.   Anyway, I was experimenting with "selective focus".


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

Tomate Farcie said...

Farming is very hard work, and of course, farms are no different than other businesses in that generally small businesses can't compete with the large ones, so it's a tough road to take.

I adore the image in the middle. When I first saw scenes like this in the western part of Marin or up around Sonoma county, I thought I had traveled in time and found myself in a Steinbeck novel. Pretty cool! Glad to see everything colorful. Hopefully, the rain will keep coming, we need it!!

photowannabe said...

Love the mustard and the brilliant color. In one way I hope the barn and land doesn't get reclaimed. There are too many photo ops. with all that old stuff lying around. I guess i just gravitate towards the rustic anyway.
Finally got a good rain last night and its snowing in the mountains right now. There is a silight glimmer of hope on the horizon.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

You know DON, whenNot t you know it NOW , I love cows and nature , so that both together is really awsomne, you mad a pic from both:)

Happy weekendwishes and,
Happy Valentine wishes for you , your family and friends, from JoAnn's D Eyes /Holland

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

this is heaven, pure heaven for me ...if i chance upon a place like this some day, I don't think I would ever wanna leave.....

 
under construction