February 18, 2009

Roy's Redwoods after the rain


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, we finally are getting some rain here in California -- buckets of it...   You might even say it's been raining cats-and-dogs...

This is becoming an annual event for me -- after a big rainstorm there is nothing more delightful than to go out to Roy's Redwoods and check out the bubbling-creeks that are normally dry-as-a-bone...


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loe the way the air smells in spots like that! Those ferns are gorgeous. (BTW, you inspired my recent post at Papa, hopeyou can check it out!)

Tomate Farcie said...

Is that the area running behind College of Marin and to San Anselmo? I remember biking down there in the Summer... (well a long time ago). It was so dry! Love to see all that green stuff and the water coming down. Sight for sore eyes!

AphotoAday said...

THANKS DEBORAH for the mention -- and I enjoyed the song... Had me boppin' and poppin'...

AND TOMATE FARCIE -- yeah I know what you mean about the area behind Kentfield, Ross, and San Anselmo... So much exploring to do in that area and around Phoenix Lake.   But the photos aren't from there -- they're from Roy's Redwoods, which is part of the Marin Open Space District, but is sort of a secret place, with no big sign.   It's near San Geronimo (near the golf course) -- a grand mixture of meadow, redwoods, laurels, ferns, and all things mossy...   I just got back from a trip out there this morning -- it was pretty pretty, especially now with all the water...

Tomate Farcie said...

Oh, I see where it is, now. Google map keeps no secrets ;) (couldn't post a comment earlier today, don't know if this one will make it?)

photowannabe said...

Yahoo, water in the streams. I love it.
Too much water in our backyard. Had to get the sump pump going for a while. Glad for a day to let things dry out a little then...bring it on again.

Mari said...

The first one have very lovely light.

 
under construction