February 02, 2009

Marvelous Marin County


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Some day, when you're wondering what in the heck Marin County is all about, just remember that Marin County is the place the Golden Gate Bridge takes people.   There must be a reason...   Must be some sort of secret or something...


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Now, don't base your judgement of Marin County on the upperscale waterside hamlet of Sausalito, but it's a popular place to bring your sweetheart and a pocket full of cash or plastic...

You can buy a blast-from-the-past at the Mark Ruben gallery.   But beware of Mr. Ruben -- he just might turn you upside down and shake out any loose coins in your pocket if you don't buy something...

But there is one gallery in Sausalito that will make your trip worth while...   The photo gallery of Rodney Lough, right in the center of town.   He's got some beautiful and large photos of nature and wilderness -- really stunning work -- the guy is really good.   No foolin'...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a place where you leave you plastic at home before you browse! Also, I tagged you with a photo meme at my blog. If you would like to play, post the 6th photo in your 6th folder, and pass it on.

bobbie said...

Your photos are so beautiful! I've tried to post comments before, unsuccessfully. Don't know how I got lucky this time. I really love your work. I also love the Bay area.

Tomate Farcie said...

(Bobbie: sometimes, Blogger doesn't work right and it won't let you post comments but usually they fix it pretty quickly these days)

Marin County remains beautiful because it isn't as densely populated as the East Bay and the climate allows for all kinds of stuff to grow. Just as soon as I get reliable wheels to get across the Bridge, I'll be heading back out there with my bike ! :)

photowannabe said...

Great shots. Are you going to show us some of Rodney Lough's work?

 
under construction