February 21, 2009

Cataract Falls, Mt. Tamalpais


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It's kind of a Marin County tradition with some folks -- after a big rainstorm we all head out to Cataract Falls, on the northern slopes of Mt. Tamalpais, to check out the long cascade of waterfalls.

Getting up there is a genuine workout -- that's why I've unofficially renamed the place "Cardiac Falls", but if you are a glutten-for-punishment you can continue on the trail following the stream all the way to it's source up at Laurel Dell.


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

Tomate Farcie said...

"Getting up there is a genuine workout" ... especially when carrying heavy camera equipment, I imagine!

 
under construction