February 11, 2009

Chinatown commerce


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

As a young lad, one of my first memories of Chinatown was trying to eat a very curious piece of candied ginger.   It took me a while to figure out I didn't really care for candied ginger...   But how I wanted that articulated wooden snake that I never got...

Yep, if you have a few spare dollars in your pocket Chinatown is the place to spend them!   They've got virtually everything you would want, plus a few things that you probably don't even know you need.

Step inside the bustling shops to see barrels brimming with knotty ginseng, shelves lined with traditional herbal remedies, and windows strung with glistening roasted ducks dangling by their necks.   Inhale.


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

wow Don That is an interesting chinese adventure!! The one picture with "will be back in March 2007"did he/she forget to remove the paper:)

Best wishes from us JoAnn/Ios Holland

AphotoAday said...

HI JOANNE --
Yeah, it's a pretty good bet that the guy's never coming back...

photowannabe said...

The lanterns are pure eye candy and the window sign is hilareous. Don't think he is coming back.

Anonymous said...

it must be a very interesting place. thank you for those beauties

Tomate Farcie said...

I like the one with the lampshades!

 
under construction