February 17, 2009

Chinatown shoppers


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The residents of San Francisco's Chinatown seem to do just fine without one central "supermarket".   The way I see it, if supermarkets were any good, the Chinese would already have invented them about four thousand years ago...


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Interesting Don, The bottom pic ia like a collage ( but isn't) just a co-incidental shot? Very nice.

JoAnn

Anonymous said...

That's a great way to shop! I don't think supermarkets are all the super either!

photowannabe said...

I guess I'm just lazy and sppreciate popping into the super market, getting what I want and dashing out again. the open markets really seem better but I'm a creature of habit.

Tomate Farcie said...

I do love my Trader's Joe, and sometimes, dare I say it, I even go to Whole Foods because once in a while, you gotta have the good stuff :) Of course, you can't beat the prices of the fresh fruits and vegetables out in Chinatown.

 
under construction