February 19, 2009

rail port, Point Richmond


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Freight cars, having chugged up-and-down mountains and across verdant plains all the way across the country, had one final obstacle -- San Francisco Bay...

Loading freight-cars from dry land to a wishy-washy barge must have been kind of tricky...   Of course those were the days when the United States actually manufactured goods, instead of getting most everything shipped in from Asia.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope trains never disappear from our mode of life, such mystique, romance!

photowannabe said...

Times have really changed. I like the interesting architecture in this shot.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

I likr thr linrs also your header is a great shot! :D

Tomate Farcie said...

Trains are cool. Wish we had more of them. Ships are cool, too.
Importing everything from China, er.. not so cool :(

 
under construction