April 29, 2008

U.C. Berkeley Botanical Gardens


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A year ago I had never heard of the U.C. Berkeley Botanical Gardens, way up above U.C. Berkleley, just below the Laurence Hall of Science.

I shot there last year with a mid-western photog. buddy, and he was telling me how photos of succulents, especially "groupings of three" are all the rage at art-shows and exhibits in places like Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Anyway, at the Botanical Gardens they have all these signs warning you not to touch the prickly cactus, but my buddy couldn't resist picking a few stray bits of debris off some spines -- sticking himself pretty good in the process.   Of course he started bleeding like a stuck-pig, and I'm sure it was painful too...

So here's the deal -- yes, definitely go to the incredible U.C. Berkeley Botanical Gardens, and yes, visit the prickly cactus, but heed my warning:   don't touch...



CLICK to visit the now clickable Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.

announcing my newly re-designed collection:  
CLICK for what I call my BIG site



Your comments are invited and welcome.


4 comments:

Tomate Farcie said...

Hahaha, OK, thanks for the warning. You know it's tempting to just stick one finger in there anyway, but OK, I'll try to remember :) Great shots!

Texas Travelers said...

I don't know of anyone who does patterns better than you.

Troy

Anonymous said...

wonderful capture and effective crop.
It's the hedgehog for the plants

Marvin said...

The story of my life: Look, but don't touch.

Excellent crop.

 
under construction